Calmatrine is an exclusive, proprietary blend of the amino acids glycine and taurine as well as the herb rhodiola (also known as roseroot). Named for its calming effects, Calmatrine helps reduce stress and increase energy levels.
Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take one (1) to three (3) capsules daily or as recommended by your health care professional.
CAUTION: If you are currently taking antidepressant medication, consult with your health care professional before taking.
Glycine is a protein amino acid that is found in the protein of all life forms. It's used to help create muscle tissue and convert glucose into energy for the body. It's also essential for maintaining a healthy digestive and central nervous system, and has been shown to provide protection via antioxidants from some cancers.
The simplest amino acid in the body, glycine is a major inhibitory neurotransmitter. Simply defined, inhibitory neurotransmitters serve as the brakes for the body’s electrical impulses, slowing or weakening such impulses between nerves.
People use glycine for a number of reasons, including:
- detoxifying the body
- preventing muscular degeneration
- aiding the repair of damaged tissues
- treating diseases that cause cell proliferation (like cancer, arthritis, and eczema).
- improving oxygenation of the brain, heart, and other organs
Taurine is a sulfur-containing amino acid that is found in abundance in animal protein, but only in trace amounts in vegetable protein. It's another inhibitory neurotransmitter than helps regulate the nervous system, and helps keep the brain and heart healthy as well.
Taurine is known to play an important role in:
- stabilizing cell membranes in electrically active components (such as the brain and heart) in the body
- visual pathway processes
- the function of the central nervous system
Prolonged deficiency of taurine can cause a number of problems, including:
- emotional and physical distress
- intestinal problems
- candida (yeast overgrowth)
Rhodiola is an adaptagen; that is, a substance that helps the body adapt to and resist physical, chemical, and environmental stress. Rhodiola is an herb that has been used to:
- reduce stress
- increase energy, stamina, and strength
- improve athletic performance
- improve sexual function
- regulate heartbeat
- enhance immunity
Please read Disclaimer.